Are you a JC Basketball alumni? Click here to stay in touch.
Alumni playing at other Institutions
|Year(s) at JC
|Shawnee State University
|Mars Hill College
|Martin Methodist College
|U of M Dearborn
|Spring Arbor University
|University of St. Francis
April, 2012 - JCC women's basketball players sign with four-year schools
Jackson Community College’s women’s basketball team finished their season strong, leading the nation in offensive scoring average per game and finishing with a 23-7-0 record.
Several members of the Jets women’s basketball team will move on to four-year universities next year. JCC offers congratulations to the following who have signed letters of intent:
- Chablis Goble, forward, graduate of Albion High -- Committed to Marian University in Indianapolis
- Jessica Vidalez, guard, graduate of Pinconning High -- Committed to Shawnee State University in Ohio
- Karah Warriner, forward, graduate of Lumen Christi High, Jackson -- Committed to Davenport University in Grand Rapids
- Kelsey White, guard, graduate of Northwest High, Jackson -- Committed to Lawrence Tech in Flint
- Nicki Wurster, guard, graduate of Homer High -- Committed to play at Mars Hill College in North Carolina
Jets team members picking up honors for the season include:
- Nicki Wurster was named to the NJCAA District G All-Tournament Team and the MCCAA All-Western Conference Second Team
- Kelsey White was named to the MCCAA All-Western Conference Second Team
- Jessica Vidalez was named to the MCCAA All-Western Conference Third Team
January 11, 2012 - Jets women's basketball player signs with Shawnee State for next season
Jackson Community College is pleased to announce that women’s basketball player Jessica Vidalez has signed to play with Shawnee State University next year on a full basketball scholarship.
Vidalez is a sophomore this year at JCC and is originally from Pinconning, Mich. She is a strong outside shooter who currently has 626 points in her career, with 171 successful three-point goals.
“Jessica’s success at Jackson is because of her work ethic and attitude,” said Andrew Hoaglin, head women’s basketball coach. “Jessica is one of the best shooters I’ve had the privilege of coaching. Seeing her move on to an elite NAIA Division I basketball program like Shawnee State gives great satisfaction to the coaching staff here at JCC.
“Jessica works extremely hard in the classroom, is an excellent teammate and functions as a resident assistant for Campus View student housing. We will definitely keep an eye on Jessica’s progress during the next chapter of her academic and athletic career.”
January, 2009 -
Michele Hein, Distinguished Academic All-American (3.92). Hein is a 2007 graduate of Napoleon High School who played basketball two years for JCC. She is a 2009 JCC graduate with an Associate in Arts. She plans to continue her basketball career at Olivet College and pursue a degree in sports management