Jackson College's men's and women's cross country teams remain ranked in the top 10 in the nation!
The Jets women are ranked no. 9 in the NJCAA Division II USTFCCCA National Coaches Poll for the week of Oct. 21, holding steady from last week. The Jets men are ranked no. 10, moving up three spots from last week.
Both teams competed Saturday, Oct. 17, at Muskegon Community College's Jayhawk Invitational, both finishing in sixth place out of 10. The men scored 152, while the women scored 173.
For the men, Andrew Frohm was the top Jets runner, finishing the 8K with a time of 27:09.15, 29th place overall. Also for the Jets:
- 44 Tyler Landis, 28:04.66
- 45 Andy Swihart, 28:04.98
- 71 Richard Haislip, 29:34.36
- 77 Tony Duby, 30:08.91
- 84 Jesse Heistan, 30:54.37
- 86 Talin Khanna, 30:56.34
For the women, Olivia Hubbard was the top Jets runner, finishing the 5K with a time of 20:34.81 for 22nd place overall. Also for the Jets:
- 44 Madeline Humphreys, 21:42.18
- 45 Haley Presley, 21:44.62
- 57 Lydia Anuszkiewicz, 22:30.53
- 59 Alaysia Gutierrez, 22:40.77
- 64 Krissy Johnson, 23:10.28
All MCCAA teams will compete on Oct. 31 at the MCCAA/NJCAA Regon XII Championship at Grand Woods Park in Lansing, MI. The best teams at that meet will move on to the NJCAA Cross Country Championships at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, IA on Saturday, Nov. 14.